Friday, August 13, 2010

Aftermath of Friday 13th...

THE PLANTATION

We survived the ordeal of Friday the 13th to enter today. And what a crazy day, today has become.

At Mirror Saturday is hectic, the local children from the surrounding villages come to play games, learn English, Japanese and some sort of activity. We also teach local guide which we thought was cancelled, everyone left for the activity. 30mins later we find out the guides are here and need their lesson, Stuart and I had to teach with no preparation and lesson plan. We winged and think it came out all good, luc

ky for us I knew one of the boys and the other was a friends brother.


The activity was banana tree planting with P'Pi. The volunteers went down to Baan Leepa to plant the trees when disaster struck. Firstly Zoe (boy) dislocated his arm, Stuart tripped on a rock and basically opened his toe, it looks like a puppet now with its little flap flapping away I have decided to call it Edward, Adrianne earlier had come off a bike and hurt her leg and knee she's hobbling around on her crutches, Stacy with her infection of BORK (Buddha Only Really Knows), Pam with her foot injury, and little old healthy me trying to stay that way. Ok that was all in the past week but hey whatevs...


Another thing that has been coming up with me is my iGoogle BGs (Backgrounds), for people who use iGoolge I don't know if you love it as much as I or get as much excitement as I do from it. Some say small things amuse small minds, but I think small things amuse mindful minds. Through constant mindfulness you can see more and appreciate more even something as simple as a girl climbing a giraffe at a bus station BG on my iGoogle account. But now I have, yet again moved on from tea house to the bus station with a very interesting girl to some "i'll ninja kick your ass" ninjas! Who doesn't love ninjas!? Pure awesomeness. I could even say pure Dankness!


Tonight we go into town to Big C an do a lil' shopping and dinner and off to the Saturday Walking Market. Should be fun. Then tomorrow we have P'Ao's (one of the most influential and inspirational persons in my life) birthday. I hear a BBQ being started. Yum! So with that note I'm off for tee ang gin kow (Lunch in Thai).


Z.


2 comments:

  1. Hello, my name is Adara and I'm volunteering in Thailand this upcoming January/February. I was searching the IVHQ Facebook site and saw links to some people's blogs and somehow got routed to yours.

    Just wanted to say that these blogs are awesome to read through and give great insight into what to expect during the volunteer term!

    And on a completely random note...LOVE the gmail backgrounds, the ninja one is my personal fav, especially love the fact that when you star your emails, they are ninja stars!

    Anyways, hope your volunteer term is going great, I look forward to reading more of your blogs.

    -Adara

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh thanks, I am so glad to hear others find them as exciting as I do. Yeah Volunteering I think is one of the most amazing experiences that anyone can have weather they are travelling or not. Yeah keep posted I have to load a few post today and they are crazy...
    Thanks for the comment!!

    ReplyDelete